- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups fish stock or lobster stock
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 teaspoons The Grill Dads' Red Tuxedo Rub
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or heavy cream
- 1 pound cooked fresh lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (Tk-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, 2 sheets, thawed according to the package directions
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute until translucent, 10 to 12 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, or until the flour smells nutty and no longer looks dry. Whisk in the stock, sherry, and Red Tuxedo and bring to a simmer to thicken. Remove this sauce from the heat and gently stir in the creme fraiche.
Chop the lobster into bite sized pieces. Add the lobster meat, peas, pearl onions, and parsley to the sauce skillet.
Unfold the puff pastry onto a light floured surface and use a large circle cutter to cut 8 rounds of puff pastry. Move the rounds to a parchment paper baking sheet and bake until golden brown, and puffed, about 10 minutes.
Move the lobster mixture to oven safe ramekins or mini cast iron skillet and arrange on a baking sheet. Place one piece of puff pastry on each ramekin. Bake the pot pies for 10 minutes to heat the filling. Serve immediately